Sunday, October 26, 2014

Better Days

Ever since I made that decision to leave the current job, I have been different... in a good way.

Sundays are less snappier, I have lesser lines on my face, I don't look as tired as I had been for the past 9 ish months, and my relationships are improving.

All relationships.

My mother told me that ever since I started working in the new position, I have become tiresome to deal with. I am almost always bitchy and I was pessimistic.

Okay, I am not the most optimistic person in the whole world... as a matter of fact, I am more sarcastic and realistic than most people. However, my pessimism was... bearable.

Until 2014 came and push it on overdrive.

I got to know that one of my friends actually was contemplating on avoiding me. But then he thought, that this woman (Ehem.. ME) needed help. I Needed Reinforcement.

I have never thought that something as small as a job can bring about a significant change in my personality and the way I treat the people around me.

Of course, I have never been the picture of positivity, but I am not exactly negative either. I would like to say that I am a healthy balance of the two, before this.

Sure, quitting a job is scary as hell. But I have always thought that there is a reason for everything.

Although it may sound kind of ... disturbing, some of us are just designed to work better at night.

How else would I be able to come up with a wordy (ish) entry 10 mins before midnight.

I was sucked into the pretense of a better normal life, dealing with normal people schedule, going through normal HELL of traffic jams and to be completely destroyed, mind, body and soul, every day, after 5.30 pm.

The workaholic now figured that while she wishes she can be flexible, She will not be able to, for the longest time.

Things will be better. It always had been, if it doesn't, well... there are always cliffs to jump off  other options.

Pardon my overactive mind.


1 comment:

  1. Hope is the thing with feathers, said Ms D. It's capable of flying to u, so here's to hoping.

    ReplyDelete